Out Of Stock
In Small World, players vie for conquest and control of a world that is simply too small to accommodate them all.
Designed by Philippe Keyaerts as a fantasy follow-up to his award-winning Vinci, Small World is inhabited by a zany cast of characters such as dwarves, wizards, amazons, giants, orcs, and even humans, who use their troops to occupy territory and conquer adjacent lands in order to push the other races off the face of the earth.
Picking the right combination from the 14 different fantasy races and 20 unique special powers, players rush to expand their empires - often at the expense of weaker neighbors. Yet they must also know when to push their own over-extended civilization into decline and ride a new one to victory!
- Vinci (released in 1999)
Clarifications: available in a pinned forum post.
For iPad only. Only 2 players, and limited races and powers as of its release.
But now with AI for solo play.
As of August 2010, the full Cursed! and Grand Dames of Small World expansions are available as in-game purchases.
- 2011 Ludoteca Ideale (Italy)
- 2010 GAMES - Game of the year
- 2010 JoTa - Best Family Game (Critic/Audience)
- 2010 JoTa - Best Game with War (Audience)
- 2010 Guldbrikken, Juryens specialpris (Jury Special Prize), Denmark, Winner
- 2010 Gouden Ludo (Flanders), Nomination
- 2010 Go[lden Ace - French Game of the Year, Jury Prize winner
- 2010 Meeples Choice Award 2009
- 2009 Bruno Faidutti's Game of the Year
- 2009 Games Magazine Game of the Year, Game of the Year, Winner
- 2009 Tric Trac d'Or (France), Game of the Year, Winner
- 2009 Joker Awards (Belgium), Adult Game of the Year, Winner
- Vassal module (PBEM, real-time)
- 4 Maps (2 x Double-Sided Boards)
- 6 Player Summary Sheets
- 14 Fantasy Race Banners
- 1 Blank Fantasy Race Banner
- 168 Matching Race Tokens (15 x Amazons, 8 x Dwarves, 11 x Elves, 10 x Ghouls, 13 x Ratmen, 20 x Skeletons, 18 x Sorcerers, 11 x Tritons, 11 x Giants, 11 x Halflings, 10 x Humans, 10 x Orcs, 10 x Trolls, 10 x Wizards)
- 18 Lost Tribe Tokens
- 20 Unique Special Power Badges
- 1 Blank Special Power Badge
- 10 Troll Lairs
- 6 Fortresses
- 9 Mountains
- 5 Encampments
- 2 Holes-in-the-Ground
- 2 Heroes
- 1 Dragon
- 109 Victory Coins (30 x "10", 24 x "5", 20 x "3", 35 x "1")
- 1 Reinforcement Die
- 1 Game Turn Marker
- 1 Rules Booklet
Category: Civilization, Fantasy, Territory Building
Time: 80 minutes
Designer: Philippe Keyaerts
Artist: Miguel Coimbra
Family: Small World
Mechanics: Area Control / Area Influence, Area Movement, Dice Rolling, Variable Player Powers
Ages: 8 and up
Publisher: Bergsala Enigma, Compaya.hu - Gamer Café Kft., Days of Wonder, Edge Entertainment, Giochi Uniti, Hobby Japan, REBEL.pl, Stratelibri,